...and he can see 'em all

NL Only Rotisserie Baseball observations...from the bottom of a league.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Back from the East Coast...to the saner side of Winter

cool breeze, cold fog, warm sun. Isn't that why we're all here in the first place? let me tell you, Phila and NY were absolutely brutal last week with humidity, heat, and torrential rains. 14 people died in the Del. River region from the floods. Third time in 2 years that the Del. has ravaged the countryside.

Got an email from my buddy Brad in IA, (who also plays in an NL ONLY Keeper league) asking me how I survived the AL attack on my NL pitching staff these past few weeks. Like most of us...not very well. I cut bait on the wrong Mets Pitcher (El Duque) and got lit up for 16 ER in 4 IP with Soler, between his two abbreviated starts vs. Bosox and Yanquis.

Of course, El Duque, chip firmly on his shoulder, (after a rough patch vs. Bosox) had a quality outing vs. his old team, Yanquis (7 IP, 2ER) and tonight vs. the feeble Bucs, shut them out for 7 innings. The Busch Master of course, snagged him from the waver wire, while the rest of the league must not believe that the Mets (or El Duque) is for real.

Like I said, just glad to be back in Sf, where the weather and microbrews are fine....just fine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home